| || |
Weekly Family Newsletter
Friday, September 19, 2014
This Week . . .
- Saint Patrick Education Committee met Tuesday, September 16
Next Week . . .
- Last Day to turn in Magazine Orders—Tuesday, September 23
- Wendy’s Night—Tuesday, September 23 from 5–7pm
- Hudson High School Homecoming week! Raider Pride Bus: Athletes to tour district schools, and will visit Saint Patrick on Wednesday, September 24, from 9:00–9:20. Homecoming parade downtown Wednesday @ 4pm. Game Friday, September 26 @ 7pm.
- District Late Start Day on Thursday, September 25—No Morning Buses!
Greetings Families and Friends,
This past Tuesday evening, Saint Patrick Education Committee selected chairpersons to spearhead subcommittees for our Strategic Planning Process. The six (6) subcommittees are:
- Technology Support for Learning
- Curriculum and Professional Development
- Advancement: Marketing, Public Relations, Recruitment and Retention
- Financial and Facilities Viability
View the draft Strategic Plan on Saint Patrick School website next week to learn more details about the work of each subcommittee.
Chairpersons will select 6-12 persons to serve on their subcommittee. However chairpersons may invite additional applicants to serve in other roles, such as “readers”, to provide constructive feedback on draft plans generated by subcommittees. Our goal is to complete subcommittee membership within the next two weeks.
Parishioners, school parents or guardians, teachers, staff and stakeholders are invited to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your support of and commitment to our strategic planning process.
Peace & Blessings!
Home and School Update
We would like to give a huge thanks to our Classroom Representatives for doing such a great job with the Fall Festival Baskets! We are so thankful for this group of parents who are diligent in their communication to the classroom parents. If you have not received any emails from your class rep, please email Lesa Koski at email@example.com, or Heather Madigan at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are working on fixing any glitches and/or incorrect email addresses.
Home and School is excited to introduce our new Spirit Wear Store! To the right is just one example of items available through this online store. Please check it out: http://identitystores.com/Stores/StoreFront.aspx?StoreId=2902
And finally, please do not forget 7 pm, Thursday, September 25th at Saint Patrick's Church. Jenny Hanlon will speak on “Families in a Tech-Filled World”.
| ||Learning Environment to Accommodate Differences [LEAD] Team|
- The new Learning Environment to Accommodate Differences [LEAD] team is up and running! We have been working with teachers to assess and accommodate individual student needs, and Sister Margaret is already meeting one-on-one with some of the younger students.
- We are excited to implement more co-taught classes along with small groups and provide new opportunities for all of our learners.
- We are also planning some challenges for our teachers and students. Be watching for more information.
- Our team motto is: We are striving to do exactly that as the school year progresses!
This week we continue to have urgent requests from the staff for ongoing daily assistance in our school. This need will continue throughout the school year. If there is any way you could spare some time in the morning before school starts or over the lunch time to help supervise our students both on the playground and in the lunch room, our staff would be deeply grateful.
Looking forward to next week and a bit beyond, we still have openings for volunteers in the following activities:
- Tuesday 9/23/14 – Hosts at Wendy’s Night
- Wednesday 9/24/14 – Magazine Sale Counters
- Sunday 9/28/14 – Hospitality Sunday at Church for Kindergarten & 1st Grade Families
We also need to fill several openings for Junior Achievement (JA). Even though this activity does not take place until generally after the New Year, the planning for this valuable classroom activity is already underway. The following classrooms are still in need of a JA volunteer: 1st Grade (Ms. Theis), 2nd Grade (Mrs. Wilson), 2nd Grade (Ms. Prasnicki), and 4th Grade (Ms. Mitchell).
- Friday 10/3/14 – Grandparents/Special Persons Day
A HUGE Thank You goes out to those parents/grandparents that have already stepped up to volunteer at Saint Patrick School this year. Your service is invaluable! Volunteerism...an act of service towards our students and our staff, is the lifeblood of everything we do at Saint Patrick School. We truly need everyone’s support to be successful. Without your help we could not run the amazing programs/activities we do. THANK YOU ALL for your generosity!!
To volunteer for any of these positions, please visit
| |Musical NotesNow in its 6th year and 2nd with the Youth Choir, the River City Chorale has additional choir opportunities for MORE SINGERS in the Hudson community!
1. Amabile Youth Choir: Grades 3-5
2. Cantare Youth Choir: Grades 6-8
REGISTRATION for the first semester is now open. Rehearsals will begin the last week of September and run through December, with a culminating Concert with both Youth Choirs and The River City Chorale.
For More information on the RCC Youth Choirs, go to:
| |News to know...Parking Lot Safety
For the safety of our students, staff, parents and visitors; please observe the following parking lot policies and procedures:
- During school hours, the parking lot is only for school staff. The north side of the lot is used for Physical Education classes and recess during the school day, so staff may only park on the south side of the lot.
- Always enter the parking lot via the alley from St. Croix Street, turning into the lot at the first entrance. Always exit the lot in a north-bound direction toward River Street. In essence, this means that the alley is a one-way alley (northbound only).
- The west side of 4th Street is purposely left open for visitors and parents to park during school hours to help with safety in the recess lot. A reminder that the east (School) side of 4th Street is no parking per the city between the hours of 7:30am and 4:30pm.
Before School Child Care Hours
Due to low usage, the Before School Child Care program hours of operation will now be 7:00—8:25am, effective immediately. Please note this change for future reference.
Both cross country teams finished VERY strongly at the Hudson Middle School meet on Thursday. Girls placed 4th and boys placed 2nd. (At least eight other schools participated.) Hundreds of runners competed, and the Saint Patrick kids were right up front!
Volleyball has gotten off to a great start as well, with many games played at the four grade levels (5th – 8th) this week.
Find us at:
403 St. Croix Street, Hudson, WI 54016
Phone 715.386.3941 Fax 715.386.9453
St. Patrick School
Online at http://www.stpatrickofhudson.org
| || |
| ||September 14||15||16||17||18||19 ||20|
| || || || || ||9:00 AM Mass at School|
|FALL FEST |
| || FALL FEST|| || || ||No AM Bus Service |
7 PM Home & School
|9:00 AM Mass at School || |
| || 28|| 29||30||October 1||2||3|| 4|
| || || || || || || GRANDPARENTS|
10:30 Mass at Church
| || 5||6||27||8||9||10 || 11|
| || || || ||9 AM Mass at School || |
| || || || || || || || |
| Due to frequent changes and updates, please see our Renweb calendar for the athletic schedule|
YOU CAN AFFORD A CATHOLIC
EDUCATION FOR YOUR CHILDREN!
We welcome families from all religious, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds, who desire an exceptional education.
“We never want money to stand between a family and giving their child a great education.”
- FR. JOHN