Weekly Family Newsletter
Friday, March 7, 2014
We began Lent by attending Mass at church on Ash Wednesday. This morning we had our Living the Word Prayer Service. We were reminded of ways to solve conflicts. We were reminded that we must live together peacefully, and we are always to treat each other respectfully. We were given this quote fro Eleanor Roosevelt, "It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe it. And it isn't enough to believe it. One must work at it."
- Students in fourth grade were visited by Visiting Wizard, Phil Dumont, who led them in experiments using color and light. Look for a photo of our budding science wizards in this newsletter.
- Our Kindergarten Prep students were visited by pilot-dads, Brad Ertel and Dan Cari, who enthralled the students with information about planes and air travel. Students received flight wings and badges. Look for a picture in this newsletter.
- Eighth grade students started their template design for their collaborative presentations in computer class. Each group will be "pitching" their new beverage idea and design in class. This activity is the culminating project for the students' survey graphs, new trademark ideas, and unique beverage labels. Stop and take a look at their beverage label designs that are displayed outside of the office.
- Fifth grade students are learning about the American revolution. They studied the Stamp Act and designed their own stamps.
- Spring Volleyball Tryouts for Croix Attack will be held on Thursday, March 13 from 6:30 - 9:00 PM at the Hudson High School East Gym. All girls in grades 4 - 8 are invited to attend.
- The seventh grade boys' basketball team is still in the play-off hunt having a game after school today. Good luck, guys!
In Our Prayers
- If your family has special prayer requests, please let us know, so that we can include them in our weekly petitions.
- Saint Patrick School Alum, Anna Milewski, who was named as the January Advanced Anatomy and Physiology Wizard at Hill Murray High School.
- Ms. Finnegan just completed our Parish Newsletter. If you are signed up to receive electronic communications from the parish, you have already received the newsletter. Check out the story about second grade teacher, Beth Juranek.
- If your family has good news to share, please let me know, so I can include it in our weekly communication.
- The eighth graders will host our annual Saint Patrick Day carnival on Friday, March 14 from 11:30 - 3:00. All are invited to attend. Money raised at the carnival will be donated to the Hudson Meals for Everyone program. H.O.M.E. meals are community dinners supported by volunteers from Hudson churches, including Saint Patrick. The eighth graders will be volunteering at the April 3 H.O.M.E. meal.
- The fifth graders will be visiting the Como Planetarium on Thursday.
- Tuesday, March 11 is an early release day for Hudson Public Schools. Saint Patrick School will have a regular dismissal time - 3:30. No afternoon buses will be available.
- On Tuesday, March 11, we will be practicing a lock-down drill.
- Registration for all grades is now open.
- Spring Break will be March 17 - 21.
- Please join us for the 14th. Annual Saint Patrick School Gala, Moonlight in Monet's Garden, on April 5 at The Orchard.
- Check out our Saint Patrick School Facebook page. It is updated often with pictures and stories about the great things happening at school.
Each month we do a food shelf collection. During March, we will be collecting vitamins - adult multi-, children's chewable (not gummy), and pre-natal. Vitamins collected will be going to our Sister Parish in Guatemala.
May God continue to bless our faith community.
Mary Piasecki, Principal
Find us at:
403 St. Croix Street
Hudson WI 54016
Online at stpatrickofhudson.org
A Look Ahead
| || Sunday||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday|
| ||March 9||10||11||12||13||14||15|
| ||Grade 5 to Como Planetarium||Mass at School|
St. Patrick Day Carnival
Spirit Day - Green/White/St. Pat's theme
| || 16||17||18||19||20||21||22|
| ||Spring Break|| Spring Break||Spring Break||Spring Break||Spring Break|
| || ||Grade 3 to CCH||Middle School Open House 5:00 - 7:00|
|Mass at School|
K of C Fish Fry
|30||31||April 1 ||2||3||4||5|
| ||Education Committee Meets|
Mass at Church
|Moonlight in Monet's Garden |
Due to frequent changes and updates, please see our Renweb calendar for the athletic schedule